If it has been a while since your last camping trip or if you have never been camping before then a common question is What to Bring Camping? There are some things that are a necessity, a few that make camping a little easier, and some items are just for the spoiled among us.
The Camping Essentials or the Camping Necessities:
- A tent, or some type of shelter. You will need protection from the elements. Insects and other pests can make it difficult to sleep. The weather can also ruin a camping trip if you are not well sheltered. and don’t forget the tarp.
- Food: Make sure you pack enough food and water to last for the entire trip. People need a couple thousand calories a day, so pack enough.
- Sleeping Bag and Camping Pillow: these items will make sure you rest well.
- Waterproof Matches or a Good Lighter: or both to make sure you can start a fire when needed.
- A Compass: Just in case you decide to go wandering in the wilderness.
- Toilet Paper: You will definitely need it at some point.
- Flashlight and/or Lantern: How else will you get around in the dark when nature calls?
- Insect Repellant/ Off: There will be insects. But will you be ready for them?
- Proper Clothing: This can vary depending on your planned activities and the season. Make sure you have warm clothes in cool weather and cool clothes in warm weather. Also remember to bring your swimming gear if swimming is in the plans.
- Sunscreen: to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- A watch: your cell phone may die and you may need to know the time of day.
- A Toothbrush and toothpaste: That feeling of going unbrushed should be motivation enough.
Nice Items to Have Handy while Camping:
- Extra batteries: For the flashlight, or the Handheld video games if your like some of my friends.
- Sunglasses: it’s nice to be able to beat the glare
- Hatchet: For cutting some fire wood.
- Chairs: Because sitting on the ground can get old. there are many good folding chairs out there.
- Soap: If you plan on staying clean while camping
- Comb or brush: you will want to keep your hair looking good.
- Aspirin: Just in case
- Cooking and Eating Gear: You will need to serve the food somehow. there are a lot of good and easy to travel with stoves and dishes that are made just for camping.
These were just a few things off the top of my head for those that have trouble remembering what to bring camping.
This video also has some good advice as to what to bring camping.