The Montana is a big tent but not too big, measuring sixteen feet by seven feet, Coleman claims it can sleep eight comfortably. I have no reason to doubt that it can, but we only slept three in the Montana but there was much room left over that if we had more campers on the trip they could have fit easily. The center height is about six feet and two inches so there should be ample headroom for most people. The hinged door is a cool feature that cuts down on the wear and tare on the zipper. Often times the zipper is the first thing to go on a tent basically rendering the tent useless. Not with a hinged door. Check out what others thought about it!
This mid-size tent has all the weather resistant features you’ve come to expect from the Coleman WeatherTec System. Leak Free Seams, weather resistant fabric,Waterproof floors, zipper protection, and a wind strong frame all work together to make this an excellent tent for standing up to the worst of Mother Nature has to throw at you. The rain Fly covers enough area in front of the tent door to allow for three chairs.
The set up of the Montana 8 is pretty easy. Most people will have no problem setting it up as the instructions are straight forward and there are several features that help make sure you are putting the right piece in the right place. Two people may be required for assembly. It is rather difficult alone but can be accomplished if you have a long reach. There is a port for ventilation and passing electrical cords or smores through. The attached feet wiping mat is a nice bonus that helps to keep dirt where it belongs, outside of the tent.
I really like the colors of this tent. The green earth tones are easy on the eyes in an outdoor while in the outdoors It holds its on against the weather, and set-up is relatively simple. The Coleman Montana 8 Tent is a really good tent that is usually found at a low price. Free shipping is usually available. Click Here to see if it is still available at Amazon!
- Leak-free Seams: In addition to fully-taped rainfly seams, the rainfly covers doors and windows, and incorporates easy-to-use Velcro frame attachments
- Weather-resistant Fabric: Coated polyester fabric combined with anti-wicking thread, webbing, and zippers are designed to keep you dry
- Protected Seams: Inverted floor seams dramatically increase weather resistance by hiding needle holes inside the tent, away from the elements
- Waterproof Floors: Welding technology strengthens the tent floor and eliminates needle holes
- Zipper Protection: Zipper cuff adds protection from the elements to the door
- Wind Strong Frame: Engineered to be a stronger, more wind-responsive frame by using redesigned poles and guy-out triangles to anchor tents and increase performance
- 75-denier polyester taffeta fly
- 68-denier polyester mesh inner tent
- 1,000-denier polyethylene floor
- 11-millimeter fiberglass poles